- User account: means a restricted area for the user, which is only accessible after registration and allows the user to access certain Content and Services which are accessible for registered users only.
- Content: means, including but not limited to, the structure/architecture of the Website and Services, editorial content, descriptions, videos, texts, categories, drawings, illustrations, photos, images, sounds as well as any other content displayed or linked on our Website.
- Website: means the online service published by ArcelorMittal accessible at the following address https://e-steel.ArcelorMittal.com
- Services: means the services and functions accessible on the Website and published by ArcelorMittal.
- These TOU apply between ArcelorMittal and the respective user accessing the website. Any connection to our Website, in particular, the access and use of the Contents, shall take place only after acceptance of these TOU.
- By accessing the Website, the user accepts the terms and conditions set out in these TOU. If a user refuses to accept these TOU, he/she may not access the Website and must in any case terminate the use immediately.
- Access to certain Services on our Website may require prior acceptance of certain other terms and conditions for the respective Service (hereinafter referred to as “Special Terms and Conditions of Use”) and in particular acceptance of our General Conditions of Sale (hereinafter referred to as “General Conditions of Sale” or “GCS”).
- The TOU in force at the time of access and use of the Website and/or those TOU accepted during the registration procedure are applicable in relation to the user.
- ArcelorMittal may amend the TOU at any time, subject to notice and publication, in order to adapt the TOU to developments and/or the operation of the Services. The updated TOU are accepted without reservation by any user who visits the Website after the publication of the updated TOU. ArcelorMittal therefore recommends that users regularly check the TOU.
- In order to use certain Services on our Website, users must register, choosing a username and password and provide other data (company name, surname, name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.) which will subsequently identify the user and enable access to the Services.
- Only persons over the age of 18 may create a User Account. If the User Account is registered for a company, legal entity under public law or special fund under public law, the user guarantees that it is authorised to represent the legal entity.
- The user provides only correct and complete information and updates the information if necessary. Furthermore, the user undertakes not to use a pseudonym or other name that could infringe third party rights in any way (e.g. surnames and brand names of third parties as well as pseudonyms which could infringe intellectual property or similar protective rights).
- ArcelorMittal shall not be responsible if data is not (fully) transferred or not (fully) readable.
- If ArcelorMittal has blocked a user or deleted a User Account, a new registration is only permitted with ArcelorMittal’s prior consent.
- USER ACCOUNT
- The basic use of the Website is free of charge, whereby this includes that ArcelorMittal may use the content generated within the scope of use for its own purposes, i.e. this content constitutes a consideration for the use of the website.
- Login information are strictly confidential. The user is solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of this information. It is assumed that any login to ArcelorMittal's websites via a User Account and/or data transmission via a User Account is done by or with the consent of the user. The user must take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access. Passwords and links to the Websites sent by e-mail are confidential information intended solely for the user and must never be disclosed to third parties. In the event of loss or theft of these login information, the user concerned must immediately inform ArcelorMittal in writing of the unauthorised use of their User Account and change their password.
- If and insofar as users upload, provide or share content, contributions or comments on our Website, ArcelorMittal will not check such content prior to publication. This applies in particular to the completeness, accuracy, legality and currency of the information. ArcelorMittal does not claim ownership of this content.
- Users hereby grant ArcelorMittal a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual license to use, and in particular to reproduce, distribute, make publicly available and edit, the content and contributions provided, uploaded or shared by users in all known and currently unknown ways.
- Users declare that all provided content is free of third-party rights and may be used without restrictions in accordance with the contract. The user must obtain an effective consent, if an image shows a person. The users guarantee that it is not necessary to name any photographers.
- Users shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims asserted against us by third parties alleging that the content contributed by the user infringes their rights or violates statutory provisions; this includes the reasonable costs of legal defence. This does not apply if the users are not responsible for the infringement.
- ArcelorMittal may block users temporarily or permanently from all or individual services if (i) there are concrete indications that users are violating or have violated these TOU and/or applicable law, unless the users are not responsible for this violation, (ii) ArcelorMittal has specific evidence that the security of the login information has been compromised, or (iii) ArcelorMittal has another legitimate interest in the blocking, e.g. in order to address specific dangers to the website. The legitimate interests of the users will be taken into account before blocking. If users repeatedly violate these TOU, we reserve the right to permanently block the User Account and to permanently exclude the user from future use of the Services. Other rights of termination remain unaffected.
- Since our Website is free of charge, we are not obliged to provide the Website and the Services without interruption or error. In particular, we may interrupt the Services or limit the scope of Services, especially for maintenance, further development, elimination of errors or redesign of the Website.
- We shall be liable in accordance with statutory provisions
- in the event of injury to life, limb or health of a person,
- in the event of fraudulent intent, willful misconduct or gross negligence,
- in accordance with the provisions of the Product Liability Act and
- to the extend of any guarantee assumed by us.
- In the event of material and financial losses caused by other negligence, we and our vicarious agents shall only be liable in the event of a breach of a contractual obligation which is prerequisite for the proper performance of the contract and the fulfilment of which the contractual partner regularly relies on and may rely on. In this case, however, the liability is limited to the amount of the foreseeable and typical damages.
- Our liability is excluded in all other respects.
- The above limitations of liability shall also apply for the benefit of our vicarious agents and for the personal liability of our employees, representatives and executive officers.
- EXTERNAL LINKS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- The Websites may contain hyperlinks that provide access to information, content and services from other websites or third party services. ArcelorMittal cannot control this content in any way.
- For this reason, ArcelorMittal accepts no responsibility whatsoever for this content and potential consequences of visiting these websites. Users access all websites at their own risk. No special notice is given when users leave our Website. However, we ask you to inform is immediately of any illegal or dubious content on the linked websites.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All Content, Services, features and elements of our Website (including, without limitation, the structure, all text, photographs, videos, data, advertising, logos, brand illustrations and other elements) constitute proprietary intellectual property of ArcelorMittal or relevant rights owners (“Protected Content”).
- The Protected Content may be used exclusively and only temporarily for the use of our Website within the scope of the lawful purposes and functions provided therein. This right is neither transferable nor sub-licensable.
- The further use of Protected Content, in particular the use of names, brands and/or content on our Website is prohibited without our express written consent. Unauthorised use and in particular the unauthorised use of brands, product names or descriptions will be prosecuted.
- Should any provision of these TOU, or any provision incorporated into these TOU in the future, be or become invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these TOU shall not be affected thereby. The same shall apply if the Parties have failed to address a certain matter in these TOU. The invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be substituted by, and the Parties shall be deemed to have agreed upon, a suitable and equitable provision which, to the extent legally permissible, comes closest to the purpose of the invalid or enforceable provision or to the presumed intent of the Parties if they had considered the matter.
- Any disputes under or in connection with these TOU (including those regarding its validity) shall be exclusively settled in the courts of Cologne (as courts of first instance).
Unsubscribe Club e-steel
Do you want to leave the loyalty benefits linked to your account? You can confirm this action by validating your choice below.